Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ballade Pour Adeline, Music that change my life 水边的阿第丽娜

When I was 13 years old, whole family was in the car, on the way back to Butterworth from Baling, Kedah after visiting my grandparent, if not mistaken, it's to celebrate grandfather's birthday. The piano music actually play in the car's cassette, but the music didn't come into my ear, out of sudden, father told us that this is very nice music, they start to like this guy piano music when they was young, the weird thing happen, I "hear" the music after I heard my father's talk, the music play is Ballade Pour Adeline, and it's too coincidence, it's opening of song, I hear the song from beginning of the music the end.  From that time, I started fall in love in the Richard Clayderman, Ballade Pour Adeline, next song is Souvenirs D'Enfance, it strike my heart.  I never expect I will become like that, on the moment, I said to myself, I want to play like him.
记得在我十三岁那年,有一次我们全家人从华玲,吉打回去北海,没记错是刚公公庆祝生日,车里卡带一直都在播着钢琴音乐,可惜我都没听“到”,虽然我没有闭上耳朵,突然,我父亲跟我们说这是很棒的音乐,他们年轻时就听这些音乐,奇怪的事发生了,本来讨厌音乐与钢琴的我突然间“听”到音乐了,那时正播的是水边的阿第丽娜(Ballade Pour Adeline),很巧合,还是前一首个刚播完,正从水边的阿第丽娜正前面开始,我从前听到后。从那刻起,我已深深爱上理查克莱德曼弹奏的水边的阿第丽娜,接下来是爱的克丽丝汀娜(Souvenirs D'Enfance),那音乐已打入我内心深处,我没有想这种情况会发生在我身上,我对自己说,我要向他一样的弹奏。

Ballade Pour Adeline, the music piece that changed my life.  It's not a first song I learnt, from the day I get inspiration of music, I always keep on searching chance to learn this song, from the sister's material, she is the one go to piano classes, but I didn't. I get this original piece I was studying from 5, from one of my close friend's brother.
水边的阿第丽娜,是一首改变我人生的音乐。它不是我第一首学的歌,自从我被音乐启发的那天起,我一直尝试去找机会学这首歌,我没要求去学钢琴,唯从有去上钢琴课的妹妹的书籍,但那不是原版。在我中五那年,我才从一位好朋友的哥哥那里找到原版。

Ballade Pour Adeline is arrange as a  piano solo, which mean it is music that only play alone, without any other instruments.  This music contain soft, relax, serious, excitement, mood tuning, it is from my own feeling and analysis toward it.
水边的阿第丽娜是一首钢琴独奏,意思是整首歌是由一种乐器独奏,没有任何配乐。这首歌有柔,轻松,兴奋,紧张,心情转变,这是我自己的感觉和分析。

This is history for this piece of music: 
"Ballade pour Adeline" (French for "Ballad for Adeline") is a 1976 instrumental composed by Paul de Senneville and Olivier Toussaint. Paul de Senneville composed the piece as a tribute to his newborn daughter, Adeline.[1] The first recording was by Richard Clayderman and world wide sales now have reached 22 million copies in 38 countries.

He is the one, Richard Clayderman. my idol, his finger have magic power, playing the music, changing my life.
他就是理查克莱德曼,我钢琴偶像,他那神奇的手指弹出了音乐,改变我一生。

This is the Biography of Richard Clayderman, he is from Paris, France.
这是理查克莱德曼的传记,他是法国人,巴黎出生。

It's some photo of Richard Clayderman from the piano book.
书本上理查克莱德曼的生活照。

I had learn several version of this song.  From the simple to original, simple one able to make me enjoy the music, but it still can't satisfy me that time, because I know it's not the same things from the recording. by my ear, I able to differentiate.  My passion toward music was kinda hot that time, I did master it by myself, it take years.
我学了不少这首歌版本,从简单版到原版,简单版可以让我轻松学会并享受,可是它无法让我满足,因为我听得出那是不同的。我对钢琴乐的热忱是非常高,我自己学,自己弹到懂,用了好几年。

The first original version I got is the top left, purple color cover from the yellow book, I don't have original book of it, no idea where to buy it that time, this yellow book is bought when I studying University at Kuala Lumpur, it contain all music of 9 books of  Richard Clayderman's piano music.
第一个原版的水边的阿第丽娜是来自左上紫色的那本,当时我没办法买到原版的书,这本黄色的是原版我在吉隆坡读大学时买的,它是9本理查克莱德曼合成的。

Although my skill still very far away from him, but in term of sharing, I want to share my expression and feeling of this song, hope it bring joy to other fans of Richard Clayderman as well.  
虽然我的技巧和理查克莱德曼相距很远,但我还是想把我对这首歌的感觉分享让大家知道,希望受益理查克莱德曼的听众和跟随者。

The arrangement of the music is vary, but the main melody is nearly 99% the same.
When I playing this song, I just simple choose the version which I comfortable to play it, all the part is mix up, I really enjoy it the all the time, for me, it cure bore, sad, angry, it like a food for my soul.
水边的阿第丽娜有很多版本,不过主音是99%一样的。
我弹奏这首歌时,我是这里那里都选一点,弹得舒服,好听,自己喜欢就好,每次的弹奏都让我得到一种特别的平静。它可以医治我的苦闷,伤心,气馁,像我灵魂的粮食。

This is Opening/Intro of Ballade Pour Adeline, from Yellow Book.  Two bars of 4 repeating of one melody pattern each bar enough to express feeling from silent to mystery dimension. it's melody of Chord C9 on the first bar, note, G, C, D, ascending accompany by C bass. Then, melody of C chord on the second bar.  Simple and nice.  It only will sound nice when it play from soft to loud then soft at the end of 2nd bar.

This is intro part from purple book, note written different, yet it's totally the same note with the yellow book.

After the intro, here come the 8 bars of verse, which is main melody, almost everyone who listen to this music able to hum it.  The feel is like long long long short short long...it strike into many people mind when this part play.  You will get what I mean if you listen to the song.  Minor pause can apply on the second highest note on 3rd and 7th bar hook my heart away. :)

Part B, the feeling turn into aggressive.  Suddenly the melody goes higher and play descending with accompany of three E note at first 2 beat of the bar which is Am chord.  I will express it from loud to soft each chord.  Controlling of the pedal also very important to end the chord sustain after 2 beats.

Second bar of part B, one bar with combination 5 chords.  It's very rare arrangement, the mood of music turning every half beat on the 3rd beat to 4th beats.  It really cost me a lots of time to practice it.  This part I used to play the purple book version.  Accent must be apply on every first note on C, G7, C chord from 3rd beat. The expression is like water falling down from the top of waterfall and stop at the end, playing soft to loud.

This is version the same part from the yellow book, sound similar, but the attack have more punch due to octave bass was playing when chord changing.

Now, come to the the most aggressive part, there are 4 continuous G7 notes, play repeat once, and  ascending by 1 note, It will become easy if you can figure out the pattern,  it's only have two set of melody, [G, D, F, G] and [D, F,G,D]. You can just practice it and apply it one octave higher on the 3rd beat.  The figure below is taken from yellow book.  The playing method is play by both hand switching, it is better version if your hand can't play fast because only 3 fingers of right hand involved.

The purple book version actually sound nicer, right hand need to play 4 notes of sets of melody, note is the same, the thing different is left hand got to play heavy bass on every sets of melody.  It's giving more punch! I choose this version to play usually.  

The end of the aggressive part is like that. Play 1 octave higher and rital which mean play from normally speed to slow.  Below is version of yellow book.

Purple book version.  Changing of bass every half beats.  I like it.

After the exciting part, here come the middle soft mood.  Melody of part C are one octave higher as compare to the part A.  Both book shown the same, the different is the left hand part only. The first 4 bars play loud, last 4 bars need to play extra loud.  The figure below taken from yellow book.

Connection of part C, Eb chord appear give a feel of unpredictable.  The mode change from feeling of mystery to joy, from high to low.

After playing path C, the music repeat to path B, and the nervous part arrange as yellow book shown. The bass at the last beat need to play with separate sound only the music give the actual feel that Richard Clayderman express.

Purple book version.

Next, the music goes to the most exciting part. The part C will be repeat again, as well as the connection part which contain Eb.  After all, the music going to end, it give a feel of low then high, extra low, two times, then finally end with the chord F, G7, C.   Figure is taken from yellow book.

It really take a lots time of me to play it smoothly, perhaps I am the one who need to practice a lot, a lot, as compare to other.  I did teach this piece to other, they really can master faster than me, although they not yet perfect, so everyone is the same, time and patient is the factor to master a music playing.
我用了不少时间让我真正弹得顺畅,也许我是那种需要练习很多很多的人,与别人相比。我教了不少人,他们都可以轻易学会,虽然他们还不是很完美,其实全部人都一样,时间和耐心的付出是必然的,尤其是在音乐上。

There are some tips I could share to play the piece smoothly, try to memories the feeling the music express, but not the notes only, understand where is the chord changing also one of way to let you know where is the mood or mode changing.
要弹好这首歌,你可以尝试记得音乐的感觉,不只是音符,也要明白何时变动和弦让自己知道那里是感觉的转变。

Wish you guys get some ideas from my post, wish you hear this music live from you guys one day.  I also willing to hear your idea if you don't mind to share, I do wish I can play better, musician's life is learn, evolute, improvise.
希望大家可以从我的分享收益不浅,希望可以听到你们现场弹奏这首歌。我也很乐意听你们的意见如果你愿意让我知道,真希望我可以进步,音乐人的生活就是学,转,创。

Don't let the music die! Keep on! 
别让音乐中止!

Practice making perfect!
练习是完美的关键!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...